Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 33: Dragon Baby Rising

Like you all said he would, baby's finally found my ribs. With his foot.

He's only ventured this far into my pain threshold once though. I'm probably just so bored that every little new thing he does excites me to the point of gushing over it online.

If it wasn't for this blog, this whole update would have just been one facebook status message: HOMAYGAD HE KICKED MY RIBS!! SO PROUD!!!11one

When he does this more frequently (in how many more days/weeks? Gulp), I expect it'll grow old quick and I'll be back to boredom. Boredom plus occasional rib jabs. That'll be new.

Speaking of boredom, I used to alternate between playing Civ 3 and Skyrim for most of the second trimester. After a faulty install, Civ 3 stopped loading. As for Skyrim, I shamefully admit that I can’t play it without Tito Raushan finishing instances for me anymore. The graphics and sound track freaks me out now. I’ll still remember the words of power during labor Tito Jian, just so it can still be said that this kid is dragonborn.


(This kind of dragonborn works too. Wata!)

I wonder if this sudden squeamishness over every little thing (except kung fu master babies) is going to evolve into the kind of helicopter parent behavior that people roll their eyes at:

Me: Nak, that movie is too dark. Throw it out.
Kid: But ma, you and daddy shot this.
Me: Oh.

(Note to partner: Must make something kid friendly. Also, I miss you and cranapple juice. I don't know what I miss about Cebu the most >:P)

In case of inexplicable irrational feels, I can thankfully blame it on the hormones. So I'm doing that. If this doesn't pass after kid is out, I'll look to the media to blame. Yay for victim mentality.

Now, with nothing left to do while waiting, I got maternal lola to teach me how to crochet.

I asked her with the full intention of creating awesome stuff like this:

I'd gladly embarrass myself for your entertainment by posting pictures of what she has me doing instead of future cosplay attire, but I'm too lazy to take pictures ON TOP OF trying not to give crochet up.

After looking at what I'd accomplished so far, maternal lola goes: Nak, magluto ka nalang (stick to cooking).

At least she thinks I can cook.

I don't give up so easily though, I've only been at it for less than a week. I intend to graduate from wonky doilies to dorky baby beanies by the time the kid's out. That means I have 7 weeks.

7 weeks gais. Are you holding your breath? Well don't. He might decide to take much much longer as most first babies are wont to do. The little trolls.

I wonder though. I met another pregnant mother in the market the other day. Maternal lola asked how far along she was. She said she was due first week of next month. She couldn't have been bigger than me at my 6th month. Either she was just really small, or I'm a butanding. I'm certainly feeling like it.

Also, fellow first-time mom Tita September had cousin Aviel (future B.I. to this kiddo according to Tito Ivan) a whole 4 weeks before her estimated due date. And she still warned me about growing baby too big for the birth chute. Oh noes.

I hope baby comes out sooner than later. Paternal lola is coming to visit the Philippines for a few short weeks (probably to kidnap her first apo). It would be a crying shame if baby comes out after she's back on the plane.

Yes. That's my excuse for my impatience and I'm sticking to it. Haha.

The weeks seem to be shorter once they've gone by, but the days as they come seem endless. I've learned to sleep through them and dream the weird vivid dreams that I mentioned in my previous post. Yoga has completely stopped becoming a priority over sleep. It's the nights I'm having trouble with. Baby's settled into a kicking schedule of 10pm to 1am, and then again at 5am til 7am (at least as far as I'm aware).

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a deliberate manipulation of my sleeping patterns in preparation for his night-time feedings.


























That's my little boy.

P.S.  I've been sourced in a Sun Star editorial that came out this morning. You can read the article here. Not only does it stroke my vanity to be called an "Advocate" instead of "Rambling Hormonal Buntis Girl", the article also brings to light information on the home birthing situation that I was not previously aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment