Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hodor's Day

The boy said daddy this morning! Chris and I looked at each other when it happened. It was the strangest thing. (Although he probably was really just saying "dagee" which is a combination of the two syllables he enunciates the most when he complains about being flat on his back)


Had my father been alive today, le partner might not have been celebrating. Not that my daddy wouldn't have approved of you, it's just that your effect on my life significantly prevents me from fulfilling any marriage arrangements he might have made before I was born you aren't Indian.


Speaking of Chris, we're currently doing preprod for his next movie. In the last one, he kept insisting the cast and crew call him 'daddy'. 9 months later, his wish was granted.

So Daddy creature, sugot nalang 'sa ug 'direk' karon, bahala'g cheesy. I don't think I can handle a second baby yet. Malaya's already proving to be a handful. A delightful handful, but still a handful. One that's starting to get really manipulative.

He likes to babble when he's on his back. He furrows his brows, makes eye contact and coos. The coos take on a higher pitch, before they become shouts, before they become heart wrenching sobs. We realized this is his way of negotiating with us to pick him up.

Oh look, this post got hijacked. This wasn't supposed to be about you baby, this was supposed to be about your father.

Unfortunately, anything left to say dangerously veers us into cheeseland. So... happy first father's day Hodor Daddy Christian! <3

4 comments:

  1. He is the cutest. :) I really love your blog, it's way more interesting (and funny!) than most pregnacy/baby blogs. Happy fathers day! (although I think fathers day is in another day in my country.. hm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks :) I try to keep in mind while blogging that a lot of my readers aren't mothers (or fathers) themselves, so parent lingo is a no-go.

      Happy father's day to you and yours, whenever father's day happens in Norway. :D

      Delete